Saturday, October 17, 2015

Prayer to the Blessed Virgin to Obtain a Good Death

Praying to the Blessed Virgin Mary

OH Mary, sweet refuge of miserable sinners;

At the moment when my soul departs from this world, my sweetest Mother, by the grief that thou didst endure when thou was present at the death of thy Son upon the Cross, then assist me with thy mercy.

Keep far from me my infernal enemies, and come Thyself to take my soul and present it to my Eternal Judge.

Do not abandon me, oh my Queen.

Thou, next to Jesus, must be my comfort in that dreadful moment.

Entreat thy Son that in His goodness, He will grant me the favor to die clasping thy feet, and to breathe out my soul in His sacred wounds, saying: Jesus and Mary, I give you my heart and my soul.  Amen


Picture comes from Wellcome Images, a website operated by Wellcome Trust,a global charitable foundation based in the United Kingdom.

Read: Our Lady's Power at the Time of Death

No comments:

Post a Comment