Thursday, April 11, 2013

Shocking: Pro-homosexual students launch effort to kick Catholic priest off campus for defending unborn, marriage

Send Fr. Greg Shaffer a message of support

The religious persecution is getting worse.

You see, if a handful of pro-homosexual activists at George Washington University get their way, Fr. Greg Shaffer, chaplain of the Catholic Newman Center, will be kicked off campus forever.

Why? Because he defends God's marriage and the unborn.

So let's rush to support him.

Send Fr. Greg Shaffer your message of support

According to the student newspaper, The GW Hatchet, a handful of pro-homosexual students are launching a campaign to force Fr. Shaffer off campus because he opposes abortion and same-sex "marriage."

And what about the freedom of the Church?

Never mind that. The same people who cry "tolerance" and "acceptance," are also pressuring top university administrators to cut all funds for the Catholic Newman Center, the largest student group on campus.

I'm sure you understand why we can't afford to allow the homosexual movement to bully us into silence or turn the Land of the Free into a gulag without virtue or moral values.

So tell Fr. Greg Shaffer that you're praying for him

Reminder: Please send this alert to all your friends.

P.S. — Catholic students are rallying to defend Fr. Shaffer. Dozens of sterling testimonies have been posted on a newly created website called The Chaplain We Know.

  • "It was under Father Greg's influence that I first attended Eucharistic Adoration, went to confession more than once a year, and attended Bible study."
  • "I have never met a priest who cares as much about enkindling the faith in others."
  • "He also drove 5 hours to visit me at my college when I was going through the darkest time of my life. Fr. Greg saved my life. It's as simple as that."
  • "Father, you are an amazing person and you have touched the lives of so many people on this campus and in this community. I know that your work is difficult and that discrimination and persecution come with the assignment you have, but there is no better person to represent Christ on this campus than you."
  • "Last week, I converted to the Catholic faith with the sacrament of First Holy Communion and Confirmation after half a year of teaching in GW's RCIA. I've never been more satisfied with the direction of my life and who I am as a person of faith. None of it could have happened without Father Greg."
  • "Thanks to Father Greg, I came back to the Church. And whenever I need him, he is there for me. Even if I call him sobbing in the middle of the night, he will always answer and will always listen."

Send Fr. Greg Shaffer a message of support

Contact information:

Fr. Greg Shaffer
The Newman Center
2210 F Street NW
Washington, DC 20037
Office Phone: 202-676-6855

Connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.

No comments:

Post a Comment