Saturday, February 16, 2008

My father's birthday on Monday, February 18th -- will you send him a note?

My father, Edward Ritchie, will be 72 on Monday, February 18th.

He's a great Catholic, fervent devotee of Our Lady of Fatima, and veteran member of the American TFP.

For as long a I can remember, the only thing he wanted for his children was their sanctification. Nothing else mattered.

In 1973, the United States was in a terrible moral crisis. He and my mom went to Fatima to visit the shrine and to see if Portugal was a more religious place to move and raise the family. They were enthused with the shrine, but disappointed with the country that was in a moral crisis of its own.

By a wonderful coincidence of Providence, in Fatima he met the "American Families in Fatima." The Drakes and Morans, and others. The Morans then introduced him to members of the TFP.

Upon returning to the United States, my father got very involved in the TFP. He remains committed to the mission of the TFP until today, specifically helping the America Needs Fatima campaign in its efforts to spread the Fatima message and to stop blasphemy.

In our upcoming campaign, Rosary Rallies 2008, he will be heading the effort to recruit volunteers for this important mission.

I owe him a huge debt of gratitude, becuase I would not involved in the mission of the TFP and America Needs Fatima if it weren't for his example.

If you'd like to send him a birthday wish, please write to my email address at rertichie@juno.com.

Or you can call him at 330-650-6621.

No comments:

Post a Comment